Scrumptious home cooked Farmhouse Breakfast made from Local Produce
Supper Menu also available
Many places to eat locally
In Wolsingham, in Beautiful Weardale, County Durham, UK
From 7.30am – 9.30am (earlier on request) enjoy our mouth-watering breakfasts –
Full English Breakfast of sausage, bacon, egg, mushrooms and tomatoes sourced locally; Scrambled Eggs on toast topped with delicious Smoked Salmon or even a homemade toasted sandwich to fuel your day.
Alternatively, a Continental breakfast, with a variety of healthy cereals or porridge, croissants, yogurts and fresh fruit. All served with toast and marmalade, jams and honey, orange juice, teas and coffee.
Our menu caters for individual tastes. Please let us know if you have any special dietary requirements. Orders are taken the evening before.
Arriving late or just wanting a night in, please order from our supper menu.
For first night only: £30 for two people, £20.00 for one person/or each seperate menu for two.
Sample Supper Menu (dishes are freshly cooked in our own kitchen.):
- Lasagne served with a colourful mixed salad; home grown apple crumble and ice cream.
- A warming Shepherds’ Pie served with braised red cabbage; 'rich & smooth' chocolate torte
- Pork provencale (tomato and onion sauce) served with brown rice and buttered garden peas; berry compote and ice cream
- Macaroni cheese served with fresh tomatoes and spinach; summer fruit sorbet and ratafia biscuits
A variety of teas and coffee are complimentary throughout your stay.
A well stocked fridge with tasty snacks also available – reasonable prices.
Places to eat Locally
- Bradley Burn Farm Shop (www.bradleyburn.co.uk) Situated just outside Wolsingham on the A689 towards Crook.
- Number 10 in Wolsingham Market Place, Tel: 01388 528344 (open for supper Thurs – Sat summer months)
- Peggottys, Wolsingham, Tel: 01388 527093
- Buon Appetito (Pizza or Pasta) in Wolsingham- Tel: 01388 529124 lunch & dinner.
- Cross Keys Pub, Hamsterley - Tel: 01388 488457
- Duke of York, Fir Tree - Tel: 01388 762848 On A68 south 10 minutes from Wolsingham
- Manor House Hotel, Cartaway Heads - Tel: 01207 255268 on A68 heading North towards Corbridge
- Pizza Express, The Bailey, Durham - Tel: 0191 370 9595
- Zen, Durham (South Asian Food) - Tel: 0191 384 9588
A Place For Dinner:
- Horsley Hall, Eastgate, Tel: 01388 517239 www.horsleyhall.co.uk
- Finbarr's Restaurant, Durham, Tel: 0191 307 7033 www.finbarrsrestaurant.co.uk
- The Lord Crewe Arms, Blanchland, Tel: 01434 675 469 www.lordcrewearmsblanchland.co.uk
- The Black Bull, Frosterley, Tel: 01388 527784 www.blackbullfrosterley.com
- The Pavilion, Iversley (Cantonese food) – Tel: 01207 503388 – need to book.